Friday, October 17, 2008

Kristine's "to die for" Brownies...

these brownies are seriously so delicious! i am so glad that Kris shared it with me. the best part is for sure the frosting. she also gave me some variations for caramel filled or peanut butter cup... go CrAzY!!!  

{Kristine's Fabulous Brownies}

1 cup butter, softened 
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/3 cup flour 
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2-3/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar, eggs & vanilla.  Beat until light & fluffy.  Sift together- flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt.  Beat into butter mixture.  Mix in chopped nuts.  Pour into a greased & floured 7x11 in. pan.  bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 degree 45-60 minutes.  Cool completely, frost with chocolate buttercream frosting.


{chocolate buttercream frosting}
 
1 cup butter, softened
2 TBSP cocoa powder
3 cups powder sugar
3 TBSP heavy cream or milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Whip together all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Beat until light & fluffy.  


***to make filled brownies, make according to recipe, pour 1/2 of batter into a greased 9x13 in. pan.  Layer in caramel filled chocolate bars, peanut butter cups or any other candy of your liking, then top with the other 1/2 of batter.  Bake for 40-55 minutes.  Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Kesley Galland said...

These seriously were so yummy! Brit was nice of enough to share 3 with me- so I could also share them with my family- but I was too selfish and ate all of them by myself... that is how wonderful they are. In fact my mouth is watering just thinking about them!!

6 P's in a Pod said...

I'm going to the store right now to buy the ingredients to make these. I always take credit (yes, I'm rude) for these when I give them to people. They think I'm Martha afterwards...(little do they know!)

Anonymous said...

I brought these for Birthday Friday at work, and they were a hit! Delicious! Thanks!