Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HaLloWeen SwEeT ChiLi

You know it is Fall when you start thinking of Chili. This recipe has been in our family forever! And I must say it is the BEST chili I have ever tasted and if you haven't figured out yet... most of everything I make has brown sugar in it. I like things SWEET- I really am not a savory kinda of girl. So with that in mind this chili is on the sweet side- and it is very Delicious. YOU MUST TRY IT!! And this recipe makes a lot so have friends and family over to enjoy it. HAPPY OCTOBER!

2lb. Hamburger
2lb. Jimmy Dean mild sausage ( or maple sausage)
2- 15oz cans dark red kidney beans
2- 15 oz cans chili beans
2 cups spicy V8 juice
2 tbsp butter
1/2 c water
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar ( I use more)
3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
*Brown hamburger and sausage in butter- drain off excess fat...put into a large pot or crockpot- add rest of the ingredients- make sure to drain the beans and let simmer for at least an hour. Best served with sour cream and cheese. And I love to put into bread bowls. Yummy!

1 comment:

Tai Christensen said...

Kesley,

This chili was so good!!! Thanks for a great twist on a classic recipe! I have never tasted chili with brown sugar in it and it was YUMMY!!!

Tai