Tuesday, April 15, 2008

...kitchen Quick-Tip of the week...

So, this weekend I made potato salad(I promise to post that recipe later). As I was cutting my hard boiled eggs, I decided that the "right" way to hard boil eggs would be the perfect quick-tip for this week. When I say the "right" way, what I am saying is with out that gross green ring around the yolk. It is so easy you will wonder why you ever did it differently. Here it goes...

Place eggs in a sauce pot in a single layer. Cover with COLD water & place on the stove. Bring water to a boil & boil for 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes, turn the stove OFF & cover the pot with a lid. Let eggs sit covered for 13 minutes. Drain & run under cold water. Peel while still a little warm.

Bye, Bye Green Ring!!!

*Modified from Martha Stewart's techniques.

No comments: