Thursday, February 21, 2008

Here is a tasty one....

Hey girls- I am so sad that I had to miss yet again last night- I heard it was simply delicious!! I promise I am not going to be a recipe club drop out... so this was the yummy salad I was going to bring last night-

Oriental Chicken Cabbage Salad
Kesley Galland


2 cups diced chicken
4 cups shredded cabbage
2 pkgs chicken flavored ramen noodles (not cooked)
4 green onions sliced
2 tbs toasted sesame seeds ( find in oriental section)
2 cups sliced pea pods

mix for dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup salad oil
1/2 cup sesame oil
2 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 flavor packet from ramen noodles

put into salad last:

3/4 cup slivered candy almonds
(put in fry pan and sprinkle with sugar- stir until sugar is melted- then place on wax paper until cool- Enjoy!
It is good to make a head of time so that the noodles can absorb the dressing!

No comments: